
I had a photography sitting today with my friend Carol and her little ones. Afterward, I met my friend Heidi and her little ones at a new park in town. For me, it is now called "Panic attack park." We were there for about 40 minutes, about 35 minutes too long. You see, just because you make a HUGE giant park, doesn't mean it is going to be more enjoyable. Parents were constantly losing their kids at this park. One little girl bumped her head (she was maybe 3) and she went right into Heidi's arms and just sat there. Her mom never came, because her mom probably didn't know where she was. Some teenage girl came and got her, but I don't really think this little girl knew her. If we were bad strangers, we easily could have taken this girl from that park.
Anyway, as I continued to stay there hoping my experience would get better, I started to feel that "feeling" coming on. The feeling of "Crap, I can't seem to sort out what is happening here. Crap, I feel like my chest is shrinking and I can't seem to get a deep breath. Crap, If I don't get out of here, I am going to lose it." I quickly got my kids together, told my friend that I needed to jet. I got in the car and used my coping skills to get it together. Phew.
So, note to self and to others. If you plan to go to the new park in town, do not invite a friend to come along or do not organize a playgroup to meet there. You will not be able to visit with them because you will be chasing your child around...and they will be chasing their child around. If you are up for the challenge, make sure to take your meds before you go, and finally...Also, bigger is NOT better. lol
4 comments:
i get you on this one. i HATE taking my kids to a park...there are too many other people and too many other kids...so all i can do is stare at them. i don't know how people have play dates at parks...would you even get to talk if you both had kids to try to stare at?!
Oh Judy, so sorry to hear that. Too much going on in one morning, right?
Carol, I don't think so. My kids were super stoked to head off to the park. I was stoked to see the heidster, it was just everyone in Westerville thought it was a great idea to go to this park as well. lol
Do I know that feeling of "PANIC" attacks!! I have been alot better since I was put on the new medicine.:) But Judy, I learned not to put myself in that situation anymore. I can tell if I should go into a crowded store before I enter.
Post a Comment