Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still in survival mode

As I talked to a friend last week, she gave the first 6 weeks home with an infant a great term...SURVIVAL MODE. For me, there is no rhyme or reason to the things I am doing right now. I am not attempting to put Elliott on a schedule, I am not trying to make him fall asleep on his own, I hold him constantly, I let eat when he is hungry, a pillow and a blanket have become permanent decorations on my couch, dinners are usually something that doesn't require a lot of thought, and I am coming to grips that I can't get a shower sometimes until night. ahhh, having an infant changes everything. So, the term Survival Mode fits me just fine right now. I am doing what I can to "get by" these days. I sometimes let him fall asleep right on my chest just to get a little zzz's myself...and when I do manage to get more than 6 hours of sleep...it is a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Gerbicks said...

surviving is good!! i am going to add that even week 7 is a bit hairy...

Anonymous said...

Judy i am so proud to have you as my little sister hugs lolly