The boys went back to school. Yes, I was very happy to get back into the routine of things. I recently posted a comment on my facebook about being thrilled about getting back into the routine with things. Boy, I was not expecting such a backlash. A complete stranger messaged me about about my horrible parenting. I guess a mom isn't allowed to be *somewhat* happy about her kids going back. I love my boys, but for the last 3 weeks, all I have heard was that "I'm bored" or "this is the boringess day of my life". No matter what I did over the summer, I got the same reaction. Honestly, I am tired of ungrateful hearts. So, to the mom that accused me of being an bad mom, you can bite it. I thanked her for her unsolicited advice.
My kids are back to school, they are happy and I feel like a person again. What is wrong with that?
2 comments:
I'm with you-she CAN bite it! Give me a break. You can't tell me that there are moms out there who want to be with their kids every minute of every day. I will never believe it.
What is wrong with being happy your kids are back in school you ask? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and anyone who says different needs to put something else at the center of her life, not her kids...they do grow up and move away, and after all, isn't that what we want? I should know, it is hard, I just let one leave the nest, but that means I did my job! :) If they are the center of your life you will certainly be devastated when they go, or worse, be one of those moms (Marie Barone, anyone?) that can't leave them alone!!! HAHHA!
Post a Comment