Thursday, February 3, 2011

this-n-that

I am tired of being a referee. We have had 2 1/2 days off school and I am about to blow a gasket. Snow days are usually fun and I love having them. On any other snow day, I can send the kids outside to play in the snow but this time, we had an ICE storm. I can't really send them outside to play nor could we really go anywhere because of the dumb ice. We have been stuck looking at one another, eating homemade donuts and majorly getting on each others nerves.

We are getting ready for Valentine's day over here. This year, Owen has to decorate a Valentine's day box. He doesn't really want to and I am trying to do some research on some really cool boy boxes. We purchased some Valentine's day cards and they were blushing while doing their shopping. I believe they both may have crushes on girls, which I am totally ok with. I mean, I am not going to actively set them up with girls in their class, but I believe crushes are a normal part of a child's development. I have always told myself that I would never tease my kids if I found out that they had a crush. I use to hate that as a kid. The entire "Judy and ________ sitting in the tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G" song would make me want to punch whoever was singing it. Anyway, anybody have any ideas for a Boyish Valentines day box?

The house is coming along. We are really enjoying the extra space. We love having a finished basement and a separate bedroom for the boys. Bedtime is so much easier. We are no longer going up at 10:00 yelling for the older two to get to bed. Once in a while, they will sleep in each others rooms for old time sake, which I love. There are plenty of empty frames laying the house. At least I put them on the walls, they are just not filled yet. I kind of lost my interest in decorating and got burned out. I have about 6 boxes to unpack that are full of decor. It will happen.

Ahh, I cannot wait until the 18th. I am going away for the entire weekend to catch up on my scrapbooks! My dear friend Kristen is going along and I am so excited to get to spend some one on one time with her. It is a much needed break for both of us. Last week, I had 200 photos developed at Walgreen's and another batch of 200 to pick up sometime this week. Thatsalotofpictures! I am a little behind on their books and have decided that I am going to restart at 2009. I am actually skipping 2 years and then going back when I feel the need to and catch up on the years prior. This is the only way I can do it to get all caught up.

Elliott is up, better go up there and see what booger face is up to.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad to see you on again, Jude.

And woo hoo! I can't wait to go on the 18th! :) I think I might head up to Hobby Lobby tomorrow night, wanna go?