Saturday, December 20, 2008

The nativity...Crawford style.


So, it is really hard to buy for parents. This year, the Crawford family had just enough small grand kids to create a nativity scene. We are missing our dear cousins from New York...but they are older and teenagers. They would most likely think this would be silly for them to do. Here is the picture. I photographed each child separately (except for Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus). I then put them all onto a canvas that made them look like they were all well behaved children posing for the camera.
It was fun. It took me a total of 16 hours to complete. I have never done this before so the time also includes reading up and trying out the method.
Grandma and Grandpa loved the gift. We had it framed in a 20 x 24 frame for above the fireplace.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This is very cool. Such a great idea and very nicely done. Judy, your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Can you come to CT and photograph my new arrival in August?

The Four Feathers said...

I absolutely LOVE this...you're so talented!