Every once in a while, I get the urge to scrapbook. Back in the day, I use to do it on a monthly basis. Now, not so much.
I have 2 books for the older boys so far. I have decided to have a cut off of their 10 years of life. I am behind on both of their books by 2 years or so. I will catch up someday.
This weekend, I went to an all day crop (that is what they call these long days of just scrap booking). I got there at 9 am and departed around 8:30 pm. My goal was to get Elliott's book completely caught up. Goal accomplished. I started to run out of steam around 8:00, so I knew it was time to pack up all of my things and head home.
My mess of a spot...
At this particular crop, the lady went around to businesses asking for donations. I am not sure why since it was just a crop, but she pulled it off. Like $300.00 in donations! Chipolte donated lunch, pizzas for $3.00, gift cards from local resturants (I won a $30 Cheesecake factory card), and about 35 little door prizes from bath and body works and other shops.
I didn't know many people there, maybe 2, and they came a little later. For the first 4 1/2 hours, I sat there alone. I am not sure how I felt about that. In one way, it was nice to not have to be "on". I have been to crops where I have to sit across from ladies that want to show me their EVERY picture and give me a 10 minute story about each image. On the other hand, I felt like I was in Junior high. My table was placed across the room away from everybody who came in with other friends. My back was facing to everybody so when I attempted to talk to anybody, I had to fling my body around. When I would try and talk to people or ask simple questions like "where is the bathroom" (because I needed to smell my armpits to make sure I didn't smell or something), it was like I was intruding on them. Can't we just all be friends, I mean, we are all like 30ish right? I think the best moment was when I went up to a group of ladies and asked if they had any fun ideas for a Pumpkin Patch page. This lady responds with (NO JOKE) "ummmm, maybe a pumpkin" shrugged her shoulders and snickers. I thought she was kidding, but she didn't say anymore. I would have expected that kind of response for a new scrapper but this lady's album was incredible and she had 5 albums for each one of her children...all caught up, 1 for each year of their lives. I know there was a creative pumpkin patch page somewhere in those 20 books of hers. I guess that was the most obvious response one could give, but then again, scrappers are pretty protective of their ideas. I mean, some actually submit their layouts to companies for cash dollar. Maybe that was the case, who knows.
Here are a few of my layouts from Elliott's book...because I totally know you want to see them. lol
My scrapbooks have changed over the years. When Andrew was little, his book was so detailed, every flower carefully handcrafted, hardly any stickers. Owen's book has some handcrafted detail, more stickers than Andrew. Elliott's book has lots of stickers, little hand crafted detail.
When I got home, the older 2 were a little disappointed that I didn't work on their books. I love the fact that they look forward to looking at their new pages when I come home from a crop. Andrew said that when he gets married, he wants his books.
I told him, when I die someday, he can have his books. lol
Oh yeah, I totally want this machine. I used it for almost every page! If my husband asks you what I would like for my birthday, make sure you tell him about this.
2 comments:
I want one of those machines too...he has his electronic toys, I have mine! :)
I will go with you next time you go! I was bored out of my mind today...we should get together and have our own little crop while the kids are in school...SOON!
I want one too, I could even use it for cakes-fondant! I'm going on a weekend scrap the first weekend in March, I'm sooooo far behind!
Post a Comment