So, I made this tiramisu trifle and a Red Velvet Cheesecake. I baked the crust on the Cheesecake too long but it was still good. I love this Cake Bible Book . I never made anything that took more than 25 minutes or required alot of work. Here was my trifle.
I have to warn you, it called for some very strong espresso. I was up until 4:30 because of this dessert. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
The Cheesecake from the same book...(it actually was a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in the book, I altered the recipe to make it Red Velvet)
Another guest brought a flourless torte. Ummm, that was incredible.
Anyway, a group of 10 of us played Apples to Apples and actually got a chance to talk without interruption. It was grand. Everybody brought plenty of adult beverages, appetizers ranging from Sushi to a super yummy olive cheese dip (that I need a recipe for).
At the end of the night everyone got a little favor. As I was making them and stuffing them with special treats for my guests, Aaron had a look screaming "those are interesting". By the end of the project, he came over to the other side. They are a bit awkward looking I guess. Here is a video on how to make them. The thought of using toilet paper rolls kind of repulsed me so I ended up using gift wrapping rolls. Here are my crackers... I think they would be super cute for Baby showers too!
I would post pictures of my guests, but I didn't get their permission to do so. You will have to believe me this time that I have friends.
Granola wanted to test some wine. I don't think he actually did, just a staged photo...
1 comment:
very enjoyable evening. i was not up until 4:30, though! egads. i would have to see pics before the posting of them *smile*
Post a Comment