We like to make Valentine's day "family love day". We have done it for the last few years and the boys look forward to it. We get out the China, metal chargers, fancy glasses, sparkling grape juice (for the kids) and champagne for us! Our special dinner included Cinnamon applesauce, steaks (that would have been much better on a grill and NOT the George Foreman), shrimp scampi, and fondue for dessert. Elliott was a super big fan of the fondue.
Waiting for dinner!

The boys and mom...

Elliott was very interested in the candles!

Me and my Valentine <3. I think I look exhausted :/

Andrew enjoying some bubbly

Owen acting totally silly. I swear, we are going to be paying for braces for the rest of our lives.

Fondue time...




Elliott didn't get enough chocolate. Best solution was to lick the tray to get that very. last. bit.

3 comments:
he sort of looks like a cat (elliott, in the last picture). cute. thanks for letting me steal this idea (the candlelight dinner).
i plan on consuming coffee w/ bailey's tomorrow morning (per: addy's school is already canceled). i'll toast to you tomorrow, lol
Sparkling grape juice for your kids? Is that pushing it?
I am not sure what you mean by "pushing it"? my guess is that you are assuming my kids will become big drinkers because of a little sparkling grape juice bubbly served in a fancy glass? Phew! I am glad there are people like you to keep me accountable in other's parenting. I also really love anonymous comments.
Post a Comment