
We are going to Oahu in MAY! The boys have a place to stay (with Grandma and Grandpa Crawford), the hotel is reserved and all we have to do now is pay for the plane tickets (which will be done TONIGHT!).
So, guess what? My niece Trina and her man planned a trip to Oahu several months ago. I guess the trip was given to them or something crazy like that. They booked their trip and all we really knew is that they were going sometime in May. Because Aaron traveled so much with the company he use to work for, we gained all of these Marriott and frequent flyer miles. He suggested Hawaii for our little get away. My only reservation was that I have less than 2 months to get this body in shape for a swimsuit. So, anyway, we looked online at the Marriott's available and I saw Oahu had 3 of the nicer ones. I picked one and looked at the dates that Marriott would honor the points. Just so happened it falls within the same week as my nieces vacation to Oahu. While on the phone with her man Casey, I found out that THEY ARE ALSO IN THE SAME RESORT that we are planning to stay at! Same island, same week, same hotel. Wacky. The one thing we didn't want to do is intrude on their "romantic get away". Come to find out, they were actually excited about the possibility of meeting up. I mean, we aren't going to spend every minute with them or knock on their door at 6:00 in the morning singing the "Good Morning Song" (maybe one morning, but not EVERY morning).
I am looking forward to uninterrupted time alone with Aaron. Adding kids to a relationship can be some consuming and focused on their needs. It will be nice to eat a dinner together without having to cut someone else's meat. It will also be really nice to spend some time with Trina while we are vacationing. We use to be closer than sisters growing up. When I moved away, it was harder to stay close and connected.
3 comments:
Ohhhhh.... yay for you! That is amaaazing. I show how excited I am by repeating my leeeettters. Go Judy go!
How fun Judy!!!!!! I remember our big trip to Cancun when Micah was about 15 months and hannah would have been around 3. This was the most needed vacation. All we did was eat, swim, drink, and eat some more. When the week was over we needed just one more week. :-) Have fun!!!!!!!
And don't worry about being in shape in Hawai'i. I went there worried because I was 4 months preggie with Ayden...not big enough to "look" pregnant but too big to be cute. I thought everyone would be beautiful there...funny thing is I was so self conscious for nothing. I saw nothing but ordinary people at whatever beach we went to...so just have fun! My tip for the time you are there...rent a convertible mustang! (And wear sunblock in the car, we forgot that!) And don't pay to go on a bus to pearl harbor...we paid $50 for the trip cause we thought that is what you had to do...we found out that it is free admission and we could have just driven there (about 15 minutes away) and parked for free...duh!
Post a Comment