Saturday, March 6, 2010

sk8er kids

So, it's official. I think I am turning into a skater mom. Maybe I should find one of those stickers to put on the bumper of my car eh? Don't worry, I will never wear something like this... Really, I love to watch it. It is facinating to me. This weekend was the Arnold Classic here in C-bus. Basically, vain fest. Watching a bunch of yellow tinted people flex their muscles does absolutely nothing for me. It actually repulses me. The only thing we were interested in was the new skateboarding venue. We hesitated on taking the boys because if you have ever been to a crazy athletic thing like this, you would know that the people dressed aren't out there to cover up their very toned bodies. I know this because I use to compete in bodybuilding back in the day, and of course, I am totally lying to you. Fortunately, the skateboarding event was in a different part of downtown from the body building. Phew. We wouldn't have gone otherwise. Last night, the skate shop where we do business was having an autograph signing with a few riders from various companies. Ya see, now that I am a "skater mom", I know that these companies have teams of riders that represent them. Riders from Blueprint, Habitat, and Domestics were at the shop signing things for kids...and adults. The boys had a good time. Here are a few pictures of the autograph signing... The boys waiting patiently, even Elliott came and was quite the attraction with all of the guys. Say cheese Andrew! I have told you about this guy before. Last year, he would help Andrew out at the skatepark. He owns the skateshop. Andrew really likes this guy. Like is an understatement. Every so often, I would lose track of Andrew at the Arnold event and I would look over and he would be talking to...Wally. What is even better, Wally didn't brush him off as an annoying little bug. Good guy I tell ya. Here is Andrew skating at the Arnold. I think I almost peed my pants once he got out there. I probably should have taken some kind of anxiety medication, but deep breaths worked just fine. I guess you have to start cutting the umbilical cord sometime?? No better way than at an event where kids are jumping over kids with their skateboards just for the fun of it. *wink* He wants to compete in tomorrow's event but we haven't made the final call. It costs 20 bucks to join the competition. If anybody would like to be his sponsor, let me know. lol

Owen skating...I wouldn't let him out there. He was forced to skate behind the bleachers where nobody was present.

No comments: