Honestly, as I write this, I am realizing that I can't even remember what I did this week. sigh. I am ready for a night of nothing.
Andrew had invention convention this week. All the Columbus City School mini-inventors were there with their creations. It was fun to see all of the creativeness in these kids. It was really encouraging to me. Andrew did not make it to the district level, but he had a great time! I think another version of his invention had a patent. One of the judges commented that he may want to do some research at Taco Bell. Same idea, different idea kind of thing I guess. His idea was the "Bendable Hard Taco". Crunchy on the sides, soft shell at the bottom for bending. He had a cute "elevator" pitch to accompany his invention.


During lunch, we went to Pei Wei to eat. We love that place.



We are getting our new counter tops in tomorrow. Aaron and I usually have some type of spat when we attempt home improvement projects. It isn't him. It totally is me. I want to be the boss. I learned that from my mother. Anyway, we disassembled a stove top, disassembled a sink, garbage disposal and loosened the counter top...without an argument. I will post a picture when we put the back splash. I think we are getting away with less than $800.00 for a refresher on the kitchen. I hope the new owners like it, because we are only doing it to sell.
I miss my mom terribly this week. I didn't realize it until after the day passed
(25th), but it was the anniversary of her diagnosis of cancer. It really isn't a day that I want to remember. Anyway, I just really miss her this week. I guess it may have to do with something about Easter and how important of a "holiday" it was. It was a time when our Polish traditions collided with Catholic traditions, which meshed with our created family traditions. It was a special time of year for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment