Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here birdy...

We had our driveway paved this morning. All went well until the boys went out and found a baby bird stuck in the tar. We ended up retrieving him off the driveway without too much damage to him. He still has some tar on his feet (I think that is what you call them on a bird lol) and a tad on the bottom of his body. Owen is absolutely in love with him and got VERY attached to him. He loves feeding him every hour or so. When I told him that he will fly away in a few days, he ran to his room and had the most heartfelt cry for about 45 minutes. I beleive he thought he was going to keep this baby bird. I love seeing this side to Owen. Here is a snippet of our life with a baby Robin. Elliott thinks he is pretty cool too! (ok, I am not sure where the video went, will try to upload again).

While also tending to a needy bird, we are also preparing our house for the market. I am so tired. I am so exhausted. I think I have come to a brick wall in trying to make this house nice for the next owners. In the big scope of things, we are doing this for ourselves (to avoid a double mortgage) but it still stinks. Next week, we are refinishing our hardwood floors, putting a very NICE stone back splash in our kitchen, we have already redone the main bathroom completely, painted the basement (floor too), painted the garage, re-stained the deck, and sealed the driveway. Whoever gets this house will have very little to do. I mean, new furnace and a new air system was installed just a couple of years ago, new dishwasher is also 2 years old. It really is a great house for a small family. (If you know of anybody, send them over, we want this house SOLD). We hope to get this house on the market in the next few weeks but like I said, I hit a wall. Coffee can't even get me motivated. Aside from being physically exhausted, It has been a very emotional thing for me as well.

No comments: