Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sad day...

Today, my dad called me and told me that he was going to the hospital to see his best friend and his wife for the last time. My dad and this man (Uncle Vernon) have been friends since they were kids. They were always an part of our extended family. His wife (Aunt Rosemary) is also in the hospital and the staff is planning on putting the two into the same room together today. They will be spending their last moments together in the same hospital room. How difficult for the family members to lose both parents within a very short time...

4 comments:

CarolN said...

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

yes, it is sad, but kind of beautiful in the same way??? Does that sound a little weird? I mean, lovers for life till death parts them...only for a short time.

pinkdaisyjane said...

I think it's wonderful that the hospital is being accommodating to this couple. How wonderful to be together until death parts them.

Anonymous said...

I think it was Beautiful! What a way to go out of the world, with your long time companian, love of your life for 60 years, and so much more. They were in very poor health for sometime now. So for them to suffer another minute was unthinkable.
Thank you Lord fot ansering our prayers, Amen!
R.I.P. MY DEAR FRIENDS