Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's lurking under the soil?

I quit facebook for Lent so therefore I will be blogging more the next 40 days. I have this unhealthy need to be in front of the computer though. It is strange how I thought something so casual as facebook is more like a habit. It only took me a day to realize it. Forgive me if I write about nonsense.
Anyhow...
Can I just say that I am soooo not thrilled about what will be popping up in our flower beds this year?!?. From what I heard from the neighbors, the previous owners of this house were crazy gardeners and kept the yard pristine. I am not much of a pristine type of person. It came to the point at my old house that I loved to look at the flowers but I hated (yes, hate is a strong word) tending to them. I guess when you have kids and there are so many things to tend to with them, flowers just don't seem that important.
As far as our yard goes, we had an Ash tree cut down this last week. In addition, we had the rest of our trees trimmed. We also had a light pole (that was in the middle of the yard) taken out. Now, we have an open area for the boys to play soccer and run around. I mean, who really needs 9 large trees in their backyard anyway?
Oh, check this out.

We have a plum tree right off our patio (shown above). It is such a nice little tree. In November, we noticed this fungus that looks like each branch is covered in bird poop. I have a feeling we are going to have to cut it down. This makes me sad. sad. sad.

I will soon be starting Owen's bedroom. This is what we have planned so far. He wants electric blue walls with a checker board pattern across the top of his walls. We have been looking everywhere for a bedding set. Over Christmas, I ordered something online and noticed a bedding set that looked like something Owen would choose. Of course, it was at Walmart. I hate going in there but because I love my son so much, I got the set for him. We plan to somehow make this a break dancing room, but I am clueless. Many of my friends have been saving some of their old Cd's to create some kind of wall or piece of furniture. Like I said, I have no clue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I think once we get all of the techno lights up, it may be just what he has envisioned.

No comments: