Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pharoah

About 1 year ago, our vet told us that Pharaoh (age 13) had a mass in his tummy area. We were given an option to have an ultrasound to find out what exactly it was, but we chose not to have it and let nature take it's course. For the last week, we have been finding piles of poo placed throughout the house. The vet told us this would eventually happen for the mass would grow and push against the bowles or bladder. So, I called the vet today to see if this is the begininning of the end for him. He assured me that I was making the right decision and that it is a good call on my part. I was actually furious with him for pooing on my floor and on the beds prior to this phonecall. Now, I know for sure there is a reason for his behavior. This will be my beloved buddy's last picture.
I am the only one he interacts with, so this is pretty hard for me. We are taking him this evening and will have a burial when I return home. Sad day for me, sad day indeed.

Other posts about Pharaoh...
This one

This one

1 comment:

Erin said...

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss, Judy. I had no idea when we talked that you were going to go ahead and do it today! He was a beautiful kitty