Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet the feline friends of our family...

(I am not running out of things to blog...honest! I just was playing around with my camera last night and the cats were super photogenic). No more posts about cats, I promise.


Meet Pharaoh (aka- Fatso, Freak-oid, Pha-Pha). He is our big boy weighing in at 23 pounds. He is a freak. He only comes out at night and spends the rest of the day under our bed. We have visited the vet for his nervous condition and discovered it would cost an initial $85 a pop for these plug ins for the wall and an additional $35 a month to maintain. I think we are OK living with a freak cat. Pharaoh turned weird after our beloved cat Moses left our family. After the kids are in bed, he is the sweetest cat you would ever know. He does get jealous when the other cats want attention. If Pharaoh and I are having snuggle time and one of the other cats wants in on the action, Pharaoh will look at me and start to grumble and "talk to me"...no joke. It is hilarious. We love him dearly...it is just fun to make fun of him.




Meet Princess (aka-Baby girl). Princess joined our family in September 2007. We thought that since Pharaoh was such a freak, that the kids needed a kitten to cuddle with. We also thought this may help Pharaoh's anxiety problem. It didn't. So now, we had the playful kitten and deadbeat Pharaoh. I felt bad for Princess. All she wanted to do is play with Pharaoh. So, we called the "cat lady" (yes, they REALLY DO EXIST) and asked her for Princess's brother. Princess is petite and little, but her "CAT-itude" is much larger. She rules the house but will never take the spot of the "QUEEN" (that would be me).





Meet Prince (aka Baby boy, Velvet Elvis, Pretty boy). He is the brother of Princess. It is amazing that these two cats came from the same litter. Prince has a coat on him that is the softest you will ever feel. Everybody comments on how soft he is and just loves to snuggle with him because of it. Prince is slowly taking anxiety lessons from Pharaoh. He loves to be in the same room as us, but when you try to catch him, he challenges you to a marathon. When I think of cats like teenagers, I think of Prince as the popular, handsome, athletic jock...with an attitude. He and Princess are like two peas in a pod.

2 comments:

Anne said...

So Pharaoh really does exist!! He looks like my cat that I had when I was little-her name was Mittens. I wish he would come out and see me sometime. :(

Anonymous said...

WOW, THERE BEAUTIFUL! PHARAOH IS VERRRY UNIQUE, THATS FOR SURE.HIS EYES ARE WIERD. HIM AND NEMO WOULD GET ALONG GOOD. SHE ALSO HAS THAT DISORDER... IT MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY, KNOW WHAT I MEAN? HAHAHA
(INSIDE FAMILY JOKE)LOVE YA, MONCH