Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baby Shower Fun

The boys and I went to Michigan this weekend for a baby shower. I was a little shakey on how I would do being that my mom was not there on this special occasion. On the way there, I really broke down and prayed for strength the rest of the way there (as the air conditioning was on HIGH blowing in my face). It was hard at first, but the love of my family soon overshadowed the sad and "how am I going to get through this" feeling. It was good to see my sisters and my nieces. We didn't have too many boys clothes prior to the shower...now we do. We also got diapers (for going out-we are going to attempt using cloth at home), a baby monitor, blankets, bathing items, gift cards, money and lots of other nice things. Here are a few pictures of the celebration.




My sister Monica put together a baby cake for me. My mom use to make these for every shower. It is filled with many different baby items and comes with a recipe card. It was always a big hit at the showers my mom went to. Monica did a great job. I knew somebody would do this for me.


Sisters...



My sister Nancy made sure to find a Michigan shirt for Elliott...She said that this was a gift to Aaron.


The toilet paper game...How many squares of toilet paper is Judy around?
To make myself feel better I was not 13, but 12 1/2. I wanted to give a prize for the person who made me feel best. It certainly wasn't my sister Darlene who guessed 18! Wowsers! It was fun to see the measurements.

No comments: