Monday, July 14, 2008

Mom's memorial garden...

Around the time I knew that my mom was passing, I read about an idea for the funeral that I thought was special. Seed packets. The purpose of the packets is to remember your loved one and reflect on their beautiful lives as the flowers bloom the next year. I ended up with a lot of seeds left over and found them late spring of this year. Since we didn't have anything planted on the side of the house (due to my planting, taking out, planting and taking out problem), I decided to scatter these seed packets on the side of the house. I have been diligent about watering and caring for the tiny seedlings. All of my hard work payed off. Last week, I found my first flower. It just so happened to be a blue "Forget me Not" (how appropriate eh?). Here are some of the other flowers coming out...
Aren't they just beautiful? It is impossible to not think of my mom as I look at these flowers.

3 comments:

Anne said...

How lovely-what a wonderful tribute.

toad said...

hey...whats your email? i have the cupcake recipe for you:

Corn on the Cobcake
INGREDIENTS:
White and yellow jelly beans
White-frosted cupcakes
White decorating sugar
Yellow Starburst candies
Corn holders
Corn plates
1. For each ear, press rows of jelly bean kernels onto three frosted cupcakes. Line up the cupcakes and sprinkle decorating sugar across the tops.
2. To make a candy butter pat, microwave a Starburst for about eight seconds, stretch it into a melted-butter shape, then set it on top of the center cupcake.
3. Add a corn holder to each end of the cob, and serve on a corn plate.

Anonymous said...

THE FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL, JUST LIKE MA WAS:)
I PLANTED MY SEEDS WHERE I MADE MA'S MEMORIAL GARDEN BEHIND HER BEDROOM WINDOW. I HAVE BABY BREATH COMING UP.( I THINK THATS WHAT THEY ARE.. UMM, I'LL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT, AND MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE.
OK? LOVE YA