Thursday, November 13, 2008

does anybody....


Have a simple cure/treatment for cold sores? My poor Andrew. He woke up with another one this morning. He just got rid of the huge one that he had (just look at his birthday picture below). I use to get these bad boys when I was little, but the only treatment then was a little Ambisol and chap stick. It was a family joke (and still is) that saying "cold sore, cold sore, cold sore" while waving your fingers in front of their faces would give them one. The weird thing is, someone would always get one. (A BIG SORRY to my family members for reading this post. You all will wake up with a big old cold sore tomorrow). Seriously, they will.

I just noticed that there is only 1 picture of the below pictures that he does not have a cold sore. Seriously, does anybody have any suggestions?

I have googles treatments, but I am looking for a tried and true solution. I am not willing to try cat feces or anything like that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cold sores generally clear up without treatment in seven to 10 days. Topical symptomatic treatments such as topical lidocaine or benzyl alcohol (Zilactin) may help relieve symptoms.

Using an antiviral medication may modestly shorten the duration of cold sores and decrease your pain, if started very early. If you experience very frequent bouts, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication as a cold sore treatment or to prevent cold sores.
Dr.veinstein

Gerbicks said...

poor guy! i don't know anything besides what you said about ambisol. i get them & it hurts...if it makes him feel any better, i have a lip zit that is pretty intense... (yikes)

Judy said...

wow...that looks exactly like something I read on a website...word for word. Dr. Veinstein, you think you are slick by using that cut and paste feature don't cha?

toad said...

if your dr will give you valtrex, that helps if you take it BEFORE it actually "erupts". once it is out, the only thing that i know is to keep it "wet" with chapstick and stuff so that it doesn't crack. blechhhh

Anonymous said...

I don't even like to look at one. But I bet I will wake tomorow, and "YES" I will have one. lol..Not funny, but your right Judes, it is a Family thing. hehe, and I do know about that Hand wave. Also that Mr. Veinstein Dude is right. And so are You ( the copy & paste thing)...HAHAHAHA

Hugs,Monica.
p.s. Did you notice I didnt; say Hugs % Kisses..........LOLOL
Just kiddin you) I really feel for Andrew. They hurt also.Remember the hairspray? Thats another Weinstein thing.

Shannon said...

It's kind of pricey, but what about that Abreva stuff?

Judy said...

I tried the abreva, but sadly, Andrew needs to be aware when one is coming on. It seems to work better at the onset of a coldsore....those darn little tubes they come in. I always lose them.

I found that taking him to the swimming pool early on in the coldsore tends to dry it up a bit faster. This week, I wasnt able to do that.