Turkey
Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Sweet Potatoes and/or
Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin pie
bread/rolls
Green bean casserole
Our Thanksgiving dinner looks like this...
Aaron's dinner includes:
Bread, Turkey, Mashed potatoes
Owen and Andrew's dinner includes:
Turkey only.
Judy's dinner:
Everything on the above list, plus a big dollup of Whipped cream on that pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving isnt so fun when you have a household of picky eaters. Actually, everyday dinners arent so fun either. I watch these Thanksgiving cooking shows and dream that someday, my family's taste buds will be come more refined and that I will be able to make these dishes. Aaron has ventured into sweet potatoes, but the way mom made them, it takes so long and just isnt worth the trouble for only him and I to eat.
This year, we are going to a friends house for Thanksgiving. It should be fun and I am looking forward to feasting on the many things that I usually don't get to have. I am bringing my mom's recipe for Sweet potatoes because there are going to be more people there to spend the time on this dish.
I think I am going to start a tradition of Pizza on Thanksgiving. (not serious, but tempted). If we had Pizza, my family would actually enjoy a meal together.
Here are some pics of our first Thanksgiving as a family. May I add, most things I made that year went unsampled and not eaten. Not a happy mommy afterward. I am not trying to preach off my soap box or anything, but I am a pretty decent cook. If they only knew how much worse it could be. My kids usually dont give things a chance. Wouldn't it be funny to see a huge pizza box on top of a nicely decorated table as this is?
4 comments:
wowee! you went all out...lucky boys. you ARE an AWESOME cook, btw. i would eat everything you made, hands down. you even made place cards...my goodness. i would throw a non folded paper napkin down & call it 'wonderful' (if it was just for my family).
Poor you-we would and will be eating all of that and more! We're going to PA tomorrow and on Thanksgiving having dinner w/friends of my in-laws. Two years ago when we were there they had quite the spread. They asked them this year if we liked lobster, shrimp and salmon. Uh, yes please to all!!
IF I WERE YOU JUDES, I WOULD JUST DO THAT FOR KICKS NEXT YEAR. A SMALL PIZZA BOX IN FRONT OF EACH ONE OF THEM :) SHAME ON THEM!
AND THEN HAVE THEM DRESS LIKE THE PILGRAMS... LOL
GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE
HUGS
Beautiful table! Loved your menu -- Kristi and her dad made a wonderful whipped cream -- the usual heavy whipping cream with a little sugar and a bit of bourbon - it was divine.
Post a Comment