Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tricks or Treats...

"Trick or Treat, smell my feet give me something good to eat." Yesterday the boys went trick or treating with their friends. Usually, we stick around our own neighborhood and trick or treat, but it seems like the older people get around here, the less spirited they are about this holiday. Last year, we stuck around in our neighborhood and every 4th house or so was passing out candy...and it usually was a tootsie roll. WELL, this year...the boys hit the jackpot (as Andrew said). First, we went over a classmates house for some pre-trick or treating fun. Then, we left for a short while and went to Andrew's friend Evan's neighborhood. NOW WE'RE TALKIN! The boy's bags were so heavy with candy, they had to get another bag when they got back to Evans...only to head out again. Some of you may be saying, "who needs that much candy?". I remember when I was little it wasn't really about how much I had, but it was the sport behind it and the challenge of seeing how much you can actually get. I didn't care how much they got because in a week, they will forget about their candy and it will all end up in the trash most likely.
Here are some pictures of the evening...






A picture of my mom and I when I was 7. She always made the Best costumes!


As a child, all of the grand kids would meet up at my mom and dads and we would have a fashion show of our costumes. Here is a Pre-fashion show picture of most of us.


Dorothy and the Scarecrow...our second Halloween together.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

you guys go all out! even elliott was dressed up, wow. (amelia wore her pajamas).
so which one are you in the b&w family photo?
i can't believe how much candy they got! amazing! send some on over here before you throw it out ;o)