
Andrew handed me his report card on Friday and also an invitation to the awards ceremony. I opened the invitation and he is being recognized for "effort honor roll". To get on the "regular" honor roll, one must get all 3's and 4's (like A's and B's in our time). Anyway, he got one 2 in "Reads and Understands Information" under the reading section of his report card. Because of this "2" he will not be eligible for a trophy at the end of the year (if you follow my blog regularly, you know my kids are all about trophies). Hmmm. what do you think? I am just curious of what my readers think about grading a child on something like "understanding information".
1 comment:
I was a lot disappointed by that also, Elias always gets 1 or 2 two's on his,mostly 3's and some 4's and he works really hard. I agree with the kids frustration at the whole grading "system". I am frustrated as well.
Sarah
p.s Thanks for having Elias over, he had a blast. I hope he was well behaved....
Post a Comment