
So, We got 2 Gerbils. Yes, not one, but two. They were buy one get one free, no joke. Lucky me. I don't know about you, but there is just something wrong when Pet stores or rescue shelters offer a buy one get one free sale on their animals.
Anyway, the boys "took care of" grandma and grandpas dog this week so they got a few extra dollars to spend on something. I put that in quotes because I was the one that took care of the dog, as always. Since they are no longer able to waste their money on Pokemon cards, they opted for buying Gerbils. I thought I had it all planned out..."you don't have enough money for gerbils, you need a cage, bedding, gerbils, toys, and all kinds of stuff". Then Owen asked me to search Craigslist for a cage. The first day I couldn't find one, and then he told me to go to www.gerbals.com. He totally made that website up. I have no idea where that would link you to. On day two, I not only found 1 cage, but 2. Yes, I guess the lady selling the cages was also offering a buy one get one free sale. What a deal. Lucky me...again.
So, after pricing every thing out, I couldn't avoid it any longer. We were off to pick up the cages and our new pets. My sister Nancy had a gerbil growing up and it ate through the cage and always got loose. We always found it, but one day, we didn't. This my friends, is my biggest fear.
For not being fond of these things, I think they are pretty cute. They are starting to grow on me. I found myself checking on them when I first woke up. Andrew was up at 6:00 peeking in their cage. I had to get up in the middle of the night and take out the exercise wheel because THEY WOULD NOT STOP!
Owen named his gerbil "Germy the gerbil", Andrew's name for his creature is "Link". We will see how long these things will stay alive. I predict a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment