Our household has been sick since Wednesday. Elliott woke up in the middle of the night with a 102.9 fever. Yikes. I kinda freak out about fevers. So all day on Thursday, I dealt with a pitiful, cranky, groggy baby. Thursday, I took him to the doctor and they did a nasal swab on him to make sure it wasn't h1n1. That REALLY ticked him off and he cried in the waiting room for 15 minutes thereafter. Ummm, yeah Mr. Doctor, let me stick a swab up your nostrils and twist it...let's see how it feels. I felt bad even holding Elliott down because it was like I was in on the torture. Yes, there are worse procedures, but I still think it is awful.
Here is Elliott in his new rocking chair watching Baby Einstein... notice the droopy, sick eyes (and the dried booger on his right cheek, ewww)





Early Friday morning (around 2:00 a.m.) brought Andrew into our room crying for my mom. He said he missed MiMi and all of the "good times". He wanted to sleep in our bed and I let him. He was pretty upset about it all. Then, about 20 minutes later, he complained about not feeling good...20 minutes after that, he was in the bathroom vomiting.
Elliott was up every 2 hours that night, Andrew was up every hour thereafter. I was one tired mommy. Aaron attempted to help *bless his heart* but Elliott just seemed to want me that night.
Then Friday morning came and I started to feel sick. At first, I thought it was because I was around sick people (power of suggestion so to say), but then it hit. In the bathroom I went. I called all of my families that I planned to photograph this weekend and let them know of the possibility of canceling our appointments. I honestly don't know if I would have been able to reschedule these appointments. *freaking out*
My friend Angie brought over some soup chickpea/spinach, muffins and some bread. Yummy. That seemed to make my stomach a bit better.
Today (Saturday) we woke up feeling better. Andrew slept a whopping 14 hours and Elliott slept through the night without having to give him Tylenol or Motrin for his fever. I kept all of my sittings for today (a big photography weekend) and the boys played with lots of energy, then...
*Drum roll*
Andrew got sick around 10 this evening. AHHHH. As I sit here and type (he is sleeping in my office because this is where I put my kids when they are sick) he is moaning. I have a feeling it is going to be another long night. What a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment