Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's she drinking today? MOKA Espresso!

This post, again, proves my nerdiness.

Today, (most days) I drank freshly brewed espresso out of my MOKA pot. I love my MOKA pot. It gives me just the right amount of espresso for a couple of Lattes in the morning. Today, I enjoyed a Caramel Machiatto. I cheated a bit today. I was so anxious to try the new International Creamers, so I did. I think I will stick with my way of making it though. Not bad if you are in a hurry. Not good if you have the time to make one the old fashioned way. Owen seemed to enjoy it. All and all, I would buy it again, but serve it in my regular coffee. I guess Caramel Machiattos are just meant to be made the hard way...just my two cents.

So, the recipe was as followed:
I used Daseni Italian espresso from our friend Mike. He supplies me with this fine rich soil. I heated 1/2 cup of milk and filled the rest of the cup with the liquid gold espresso. I Added a tad of flavored creamer. It was a no foam drink, because my friend Heidi kind of got me drinking my lattes with no foam.

The rich soil...


On the stove...


Slowly filling up...


Ok, time to shut the MOKA pot lid, crazily filling up...


Liquid Gold is finished...

1 comment:

sunshiny said...

I HATE making foam for my lattes so i found a great cheater way. I do the microwave the milk thing you suggested, but i bought a cheap Bodum frother that you just stick down into the milk after it's warm and flip a switch to froth. It's SO much easier, I think!