ugh, it is that time of year and as I look out our back window I see branches on the ground, dead patches of grass and bits of paper scattered all over the yard. It was about 55 degrees today, a fairly pleasant day. Despite feeling a little gloomy today, I was able to make it out to clean out my treasured brass fountain. When my mom had knee surgery a few years back, I stayed a week and a half with her helping out with her day to day needs. Of course, when I left to come home, she gave me some money for helping out and for "gas" money. Well, my birthday rolled around and again, my parents gave me money instead of a gift. At that point, I knew that I wanted a fountain for a long time and had my eye on one at Smith and Hawkins. I bought the fountain and I absolutely love it. I am so glad I spent that money on something like that instead of buying things that would have no sentimental value.
I spend 2 hours cleaning it up, reconditioning the pump and watching it flow.
Just beautiful.
My yard still looks like crap. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
Here is a cute picture of the boys when we first got the fountain. They pulled up their little lawn chairs and had a few snacks while they just sat there and watched the flow of the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment