Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Elliott's Nursery

Finally! Elliott (Oh yeah, that is the baby's name by the way) officially has his own room. Andrew and Owen have been roommates for about 2 months and everything in this entire house has been stored in the baby room until last weekend. I took 9 black trash bags...yes, I said 9 black trash bags of stuff to the donation center this past week. Elliott's room is now starting to take shape. Most of it was "stuff" I have been saving for a garage sale. I decided against the garage sale because they are way too much work.
Because we loved this "Transportation" room so much, we kept it the same. I have added a couple of new colors to the murals that I painted (along with some friends)6 years ago. This use to be Andrew's room, then Owen's room...now Elliott's room. We found a bedding set that matches perfectly...I found it on EBAY. Here it is at Target online. I did have to add the color Green to some of the murals to help it match the bedding.


Here is the progress so far...
I found this lamp at a garage sale. I am so glad I bought it...my $5 deal!



Here is the new and improved hauling truck on the wall...


Some more wall...


The new Valence...


And finally, the changing table. It use to be a shelf from a store. I Purchased it a Garage sale for $1 a few years back. It is made of metal and the shelves are adjustable. I made a changing table out of it since we were no longer using it as a toy shelf. When we are done with the changing table, it will be a toy shelf again! (notice the really cool sailboat baskets...I got a fabulous deal on them..$2.50 NEW on CLEARANCE!!)




I hope he likes his room. The cats sure do.

2 comments:

Gerbicks said...

wowzers, judy! you have been very busy. now our nursery looks pitiful next to it... we just keep telling ourselves we have 3 more months to finish it by. i am also very glad you purchased that airplane lamp...good deals!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL! I LOVE THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF EVRYTHING YOU DID.
MA WOULD BE PROUD OF YOU KIDDO...
GARAGE SALES AND ALL. hehe
LOVE YA XOXOXOXO