I finished yet another memorial video today. I did a video for this family about 2 years ago and they came back for another one. When doing videos, I have to make sure I set enough undivided time aside to complete them. Memorial services come upon us quickly and for special things like this, I have to have everything lined up to complete the project.
As I got all of the necessary information from her family, I was also informed that this person was a 30 year old woman and she had 2 children. I knew from that point on, it would affect me differently than my other video tributes. Usually, when I do a video tribute, they have been of an older person. I guess I wasn't expecting a young woman. As I scanned each image, I felt like I knew her a little better. She had a beautiful, radiant smile. From the images, I can tell that family was very important to her and her children were her life.
I went to bed feeling very empty inside. I had such a hard time falling asleep. I kept thinking that this could totally happen to anybody...even me. I kept thinking of her children, praying for each one of them every time I woke up during the night(my night was restless).
Her parents came to pick up the copies of the video tonight. It was awkward at first. What do you say to someone who has lost their beloved daughter? Nothing can make anything better for them...no words, no video, nothing. They absolutly Loved the video.
Mom just held my hand the entire time I met with them. I tried to gently pull away, and she pulled back. I finally just let her hold my hand the remainder of the time. I am sure it was comforting to her.
I learned something tonight. I want to hold my children a little tighter. I want to make mends where I need to. I want to live everyday like there is no tomorrow because we aren't sure what tomorrow is going to hold.
1 comment:
ah, make me cry. encountering these realities do make each day seem more like a blessing than a chore...
Post a Comment