Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whassa happenin?

So we are having bitter cold temperatures and a bit of snow here in OhIo. I actually love the snow, but not so much when I have to transport the boys to and from school everyday. Fortunately, Aaron took them this morning. Around 10:30, I started to wonder if I should pick the kids up early from school. I really couldn't stop thinking about having them home safe with me. I ended up picking them up 1 1/2 hours early. I went with my gut feeling on this. I am not too concerned that they missed library.
Other news in our house...Andrew bought an MP3 player with his money from the Great Grandparents. He has quite the variety of music on it. We loaded some R.E.M., Johnny Cash, Supertones, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Christmas songs (my boys love Christmas songs all year long), and some Michael Jackson. Andrew's friend Evan got him hooked on MJ. Andrew really wanted to load some of his songs onto his MP3 player so he called Evans mom and asked her to borrow the cd. It was really cute.

I still have MJ on a cassette tape. Don't laugh, most of my music collection is still on Cassette. When people come over, I know they laugh because among our many receivers and such...lies a double cassette player. We got rid of the 8 track player just a couple of months ago. That darn thing just wouldn't work anymore....I am not sure why ;).
Andrew really hurt my feelings tonight. We were on our way out to Bible study and I told the boys like 8 times to get their coats on. After the 8th time, I said "Guys, sometimes mommy feels like she is talking to a wall...why don't you obey and PUT YOUR COATS ON?" Andrew then replied in a small voice "maybe cause you're not the queen anymore". Ouch. I think that was the first time one of my kids actually got to my heart and at that moment, I had a little lump in my throat. Just so you know, Aaron did take care of the situation and all is good now. I still have the queen status. .
Elliott is in a Excersaucer now. He lasts about 5 minutes and then is D.O.N.E..

I wait for the day when he gives me a laugh. He loves looking at himself in the mirror (just like his dad) hehe. Here is a sweet picture of him googling over his good looks.

Owen. Let's talk Owen. He is a funny guy and I love to hear his laugh. He sometimes laughs at the most inappropriate times. Today, milk came out of Andrew's nose and he started cracking up. In the meantime, Andrew was almost choking. Even when we asked him to stop laughing, he kept laughing. (It was funny I have to admit). The laughing did not make the situation any better though. Did I ever mention that Owen is going to be a great lawyer someday? He is always questioning and challenging us with what we say. I know this is all part of his development, but it really does get on my nerves.
As for me, I am considering doing Weight Watchers to get this baby fat off my bootay. I am having a difficult time with getting to the gym with the baby. In the evenings, I feel so tired to go and work out. I tried a class last week, but my core (torso, abdomen) is still too weak to handle the exercises. I tried really hard but found myself straining my back to make it work. This last c-section really kicked it out of me and has taken a bit longer for me to heal then the last one.

Lastly, I love my husband more than ever.

1 comment:

toad said...

you know tha ti am a huge weight watchers fan...let me know if i can help...i have been at it for 3 years now :)