Friday, April 24, 2009

Everyday.

When I was in college...
Everyday, I went to class, almost late, everyday.
Everyday, I stayed up way too late.
Everyday, I ate at the nasty cafeteria.
Everyday, I thought coffee was for old people.
I did laundry once a week.
Most everyday, I thought kids were gross.
Everyday, I didn't care about what blessings were.

When I graduated and got a real job...
Everyday, I still was able to sleep in, but was never late for work, because I was supposed to be responsible for something.
Everyday, I worked children who were probably better off out of their homes, but my job was to try to keep them in their homes.
Everyday, I got a full nights sleep.
Everyday, well almost everyday, we ate out.
Everyday, I had clean clothes because laundry was never an issue.
Everyday, I was forced to stay young working with teenagers in our church.
The thought of coffee, still made me think of old people.

Today, I still have the "everyday's". They are much different.
Everyday, I am exhausted from the everydays.
Everyday, I hope for a full nights sleep. (I am actually getting close). .
Everyday, I repeat myself to my children and husband of the things needing to be done.
Everyday, I am my family's cafetetia.
Everyday, I enter the dungeon of a basement to search through what I am going to find to wear because there is no clean laundry.
Everyday, I drink alot of coffee.
Today, I have 3 kids that I LOVE EVERYDAY.
Everyday, I NOW know what blessings are.
Everyday, I think that my life is fuller than ever.


Amen. Thank you God for my full life...even if it means I have to go on a manhunt for a clean pair of underwear, everyday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, how true this sounds. I don't like laundry either. I hate it! As for the rest, well i think you will see in about 5-7 years from now that it gets better, but you will have BIGGER worries:(
Then on the other hand, it gets to the point where you will ask your self, just like i do now, (well maybe not, but for me it's like)" WOW WHERE DID THE TIME GO?' Now thats what older people use to say to me. Now I'm older and it is me:)

:) :) Love ya sis xoxoxox

Gerbicks said...

i likey! dude...just buy 7 more pairs of undies...that will get you at least one more week (at least that's my solution).

toad said...

i remember those college days and i am with you on the "today's everydays". i loved them both...but i am so happy with today's everydays. i know that i will painfully miss them someday.

Monch said...

I love what the Gerbicks said, I am laughing so hard....LOLO

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dr.Vinstein says i read your blog this morning.And what is happening in your life is that you are growing up

Shannon said...

Good blog, Judy. I just love how people love to tell you that when you have kids, your life is over, but you are living proof that your life only begins when you have a family. I'm happy at least one mom out there feels this way!