We left for my dads on Friday to celebrate Easter with him. Some of the highlights include...
*Blessing of the Easter Dinner -“ŚWIĘCONKA” at St. STANISLAUS church in Jackson.
The blessing of the Easter food or the “Święconka” is a tradition dear to the heart of every Polish person and was observed every year in our home growing up. Even though I am not Catholic, I try to do this with my children because it is part of my heritage. The custom of blessing the food for Easter arose from the discipline of fasting throughout Lent and the special Easter fast during the Easter Tridium. After the Priest blessed the baskets and was making his way up to the alter, Elliott let out the BIGGEST burp! Of course the church's acoustics were horrible and the burp echoed through the church. The old fella softly said "that is the basket that I'm eating out of".
*An Easter egg hunt where Owen cried when he received an adults x-large shirt as a prize. Come on, what is a 6 year old supposed to do with an adults shirt? That is like giving an adult a baby diaper for their prize for bingo. The look on his face was priceless though.
*Going on a clue hunt for the Easter baskets in the morning. Even Grandpa had to find his.
Mr. Shoe came out and even had a special message for him.
*My dad said something like "you know what, the Easter bunny left something in my room for you (handing him an envelope with $10 in it). Owen opened it and said "Grandpa, I know this isn't from the Easter bunny, cause this is really sloppy writing".
*We didn't go to church. Being in a different town and such we didn't want to put the kids in children's church at a different place. For them to sit with us in a very traditional service, just wasn't going to happen. We opted to spend the morning with dad, just visiting.
*Coloring eggs...
*I also took pictures of my new great Niece Iayla. She is a cutie. She looks just like her dad. There is nothing of my niece Trina in that little baby. It will be fun to see Elliott and her grow up together like Andrew and her daughter Amelia did.

*And last but not least, Aaron Attempting the moonwalk. Good thing nobody was giving out a prize for best dressed. He loves those Gingerbread pajamas. They tie in nicely with a plaid dress shirt.
1 comment:
ALL I CAN SAY IS 'RUN, RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN, YOU CAN'T CATCH ME CUZ IM THE GINGERBREAD-MAN..LOLO
FOR SOME REASON THAT I DON'T KNOW OF, THAT WAS IN A BOOK OR SOMTHING WHEN I WAS A KID. HUMMM?? ANYWAYS GOOD MOVES THERE Mr. Gingerbread-man. LOLOL
Post a Comment