Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The shoe.


Well, my dad and I have had this thing go on for years about this sandal. While in Junior high, I found these sandals for my dad. I thought they were spiffy and cool at the time. I gave them to my dad and he laughed. I guess a 60+ year old man didn't think they were as cool as I thought they were. Well, I eventually found these sandals in my room under my bed. At the time, I thought my mom just put them in my room to get them out of the way. I put them in my dad's room. A few days later, I find them under my pillow...and the story of the shoe begins.

Over the years, we have tried to place the shoe in places the other person least expects. Also, over the years, we lost one. Here are some ways the shoe has gotten to the other person... Through a pizza delivery box, served on a platter to my dad at Lonestar steakhouse, at the birth of my first born, graduation party gift, through the mail, in my backpack, in my bags at college, tied on the front of the car, as gifts many times and the list goes on. I wish I would have kept a journal of the places it has been.

Well, my sons don't really know the reason this shoe keeps popping up. In the past year, some child left a Barney book at our home. We aren't sure who it belongs to. The boys have done this "trading the Barney book" idea among the members of our household. It is really funny because they really do not have a clue that my dad and I have done this with a shoe for YEARS. They came up with it on their own. The kids favorite place to hide the Barney book is between the pillow case and pillow. Almost every night, someone groans about hitting their head on the Barney Book when going to bed.
As for the shoe...I HAVE IT and am trying to come up with a crazy way to get this into the hands of my dad. Watch out dad...you have one coming. Any ideas welcomed. I can't promise you they havent already been done, but I am open to your suggestions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Shoe is planing a big come back in may,he will surpass any thing he has ever done before.

Judy said...

I cant wait Mr. Manager.

Anonymous said...

First time i ever seen or new about a blog yours is so nice judy im going to look at it every day love ya xooxo