This is the Statue of Liberty in the eyes of Owen.
Can you see the resemblance?
I love when my kids bring home art.
Last year, Andrew brought home this piece of art. 
When I first looked at it, I thought "wow, that's nice"...not knowing what the world it was. I said, "explain what this is Andrew". He said "Mom...it's a water park, here is the ladder, here is the slide, here is the tube that pumps water and here is the roller coaster". After he explained it to me it clicked. It WAS a water park!! TOTALLY! In real life, sometimes things are perceived in a totally different way than they are intended to. To Andrew it was a water park, to me, it looked like straws, bent paperclips and wire. I misunderstood the concept of the water park until it was explained to me.
This week, I have dealt with a situation in my personal life that made me think back on this time of perception of how Andrew and I saw his project so differently. My 7 and 5 year olds art projects sure taught me a lot this week. It clicked.
No comments:
Post a Comment