Here are the cars. The race is Saturday, and the boys are excited. Andrew wanted a "traditional" race car, Owen wanted a Skateboard car with a baby in a diaper on it.
Since the adults can participate, I thought it would be fun to create a "weird" car. I think all of the scouts will get a kick out of this one..... Oh, by the way, Owen wanted me to stick a stinky diaper in the crib. Do you see a pattern about stinky diapers and Owen? He thinks they are hilarious. Boys.
So, the process of these particular pinewood derby cars have given me...well, quite the headache. My house is in shambles too. There is saw dust everywhere. Anyway, we couldn't find anybody to cut these blocks of wood out for us. One day after school, I took the boys to 6 schools (wood shop programs are cut from most schools now), Lowe's, Home Depot, and friends of ours. Nobody could help. Thanks to our kind neighbor, he let us use this tool called a dremel. I LOVE IT! With a little more work, we were able to cut it out slowly but surely. Tomorrow is the race and we are pretty excited. Wish us luck~
No comments:
Post a Comment