So, I have been bugging my dad to start a blog. My dad is pretty computer smart and if the opportunity was available to him many years ago, I think he would have had a side career as a computer nerd. He has fixed my computer time and time again. For instance, the whole picture upload that I have been having since July...he fixed. He told me to download explorer 7 about 3 weeks ago and I didn't. Not sure why I didn't listen (that is that stubborn part of my mom that she can have back). Well, the other day, I thought to myself, I am going to try it...what is the worse that can happen? He was right and he fixed the problem. If my stubborn head would have only listened to him a few weeks ago, I would have saved many headaches (and sleepless nights). Anyway, I feel the blog will be good for his soul. It is sure good for mine.
So, Aaron and I decided that we are going to have a "no manners' dinner sometime. Yes, you heard it right. We are so tired of always telling the boys to "not say that at the table", "don't play with your food", yadda yadda. We are going to have a night where anything goes. If they want to burp at the table....it is allowed, if they want to eat with their hands....it is allowed. I know you are asking "What the world?" Yeah, I thought that too at first. I once heard a person speak on fun things you can do with your kids. He had said that he and his family have "no manner" dinners when their kids were younger. He said that his wife would fixed spaghetti and they HAD to eat with only their hands. They threw noodles at each other and just had fun being a family. Well, the girls are much older and they continue to request for the no manners dinner (I believe they are now in High School). Of the many things these loving parents did for their kids, the "no manners" dinner was something they Loved and still continue to do. Sometimes we can be too stuffy with our kids. The things I remember about my childhood were the things my parents DID with me. I know I would have remembered a "no manners" dinner. Call me Crazy.
Hey, if you want to join us for the "no manners" dinner, I will make sure you have a seat reserved...between both boys.
2 comments:
If i come to your dinner can i make spaghetti come out my nose.
I love this idea. Kevin and I could do this, but we don't have manners anyway.
Post a Comment