I have been experiencing some pretty bad pain in my hips for about a year and a half now. Last year, I had an MRI done and discovered that I had a few hairline fractures. Of course, they asked me all of the necessary domestic violence questions that really made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I know they are necessary. No, Aaron doesn't push me down the stairs...I just make it a regular habit of falling down them myself. Really. SO, during the MRI it was discovered that my IUD was twisted. I had it removed in December and Elliott was conceived in January. At this point, the pain was really bad and I honestly dreaded thinking about the extra baby weight on my hips. The incredible thing is that I experienced ZERO, ZIP, NADA pain while pregnant. Now, however, it is worse than ever. When I sit, it takes about 5 minutes of walking around before I am somewhat comfortable again. It really is a drag. I have an appointment with my doctor next Tuesday to figure out what is going on. Arthritis runs thick in the blood on my mom's side of the family, so I wouldn't be surprised that the pain is caused from this. I am just too damn young for this. So, if you call my house, and I don't answer...it is because I can't to the phone fast enough because of these darn hips.
Anyway, enough of the whining.
Our school carnival was this weekend. Sigh. I am glad I was in charge, but I am ever so glad it is OVER. We had a lot of fun new games including a jail (recommended by my sis in law Jen). It was a hit. The principal was put in jail 14 times. The kids loved it. It is a ton of work for the amount of money we bring in. Our school is super small and we don't open it to the community. It seems we can never get past that $1000.00 mark of a profit. Oh, well..it is fun for me and the kids love it.
So, I have been wrestling with some stuff lately. Mostly about Forgiveness. Good stuff and the good kind of wrestling. The kind of wrestling that will eventually make you a better person. I posted a couple of weeks ago about this. Our church is doing this 8 week series on Discovering Community. Aaron and I are taking it this time around. It basically is discovering who we are as a church, discovering your gifts, and what to do with the gifts God has given you. For me, it has also been about the areas that God wants to break into your life. Last night, we talked on Forgiveness/unforgiveness and it hit me pretty hard. I guess I harbor unforgiveness in my life, which in many situations, I thought was taken care of. I guess I struggle with at what point do you know that you have totally forgiven someone? The phrase you can forgive, but never forget really stands true for me. When things come back up when people have hurt me in the past, those feelings also come back to the surface. So, have I really forgiven? I am peeling away the layers to discover what real forgiveness is.
In family news, Andrew is completely PARANOID about the Swine flu and thinks he is going to be the next victim. I am not really sure where he is learning that all of these kids are dying, but it really is starting to irritate me. We have INTENTIONALLY kept the tv off news stations. I know this is serious, but I also think the bird flu was hyped up, the whole duct tape on the windows after 9-11 thing was a bit out of whack, and now this. I pray over my kids every night...the past couple of nights I have prayed protection over them from this nasty flu and for what their little ears may hear.
8 comments:
I have the solution for your hip problem, drum roll please, JUST HAVE ANOTHER BABY. Everyone else in the family has four, so come on and join the Crawford four kids club!
Kim
no, sorry. Not going to do it. Nice try though. I think my doctor is calling in some celebrex.
we have to keep the news and stuff like that away from adin too...he worrys about everything. honestly, i don't even watch or listen because it stresses me out too. aaron keeps up and tells me anything that will effect me TODAY only!
hope the hip gets to feeling better. i have sciatica when i am pregnant and i know that is really annoying and painful...so, i am sure this is slowing you down.
have you ever considered a chiropractor? i have some hip pain off and on and that has been SOO helpful
yes, my chriopractor is the one who ordered the mri and found that my iud was twisted. I actually went to the womans conference this weekend jenny, and got some prayer for it. I haven't had pain since. God still loves me.
That is awesome to hear you are no longer in pain. Hopefully you are fully healed. A massage might do some good too if any pain returns. I have found great relief from an occasional massage. Life is just rough on our bodies sometimes.
Take care,
Jennifer
new ergonomic computer chair?? lol.
My hips hurt also :( :(
I think we inherited JAJA'S Hips.
Mornings are my worse time, or getting out of a chair after I sat in it more then an hour. ouch my dupa hurts to! Hot baths and Motrin helps me. Good luck. Your to young for this. Go get it chk out soon. Your older sister says...LOl
Love,Monch
Post a Comment