We were planning to go to Blendon Woods on a hike, but once we got in the car, we just made a run for Hocking Hills. The day before, we cleaned out the car so we didn't have the DVD player, the gameboys, or any kind of "staple" for rides longer than 45 minutes. The boys didn't kill one another, we survived the trip there. The road was very curvy. It made me sick. Elliott likes to put his hands in the air like he is riding a roller coaster on these never ending winding roads...he giggled every time we would go over a hill...
The older 2 boys really loved it. They were being the rough boys that God created them to be. I was so nervous, it was like they were captive monkeys that were freed in the rain forest. I would look behind and they were hopping all over the huge rocks, no fear. Of course, my favorite line of the day was "WHAT DID I TELL YOU?" I was less than thrilled about them jumping all over the massive structures, I mean, they could easily fall and crack their head. Maybe I am overreacting or as Andrew told me "Mom, you are being too dramatic." Yeah, thanks buddy.
His brothers climbed a 25 foot rock, Elliott did too.
Here, you can see the boys on the top of the rock..
On the way home, we ran into an accident involving a motorcycle. The traffic seemed to be backed up for a very long distance, so we decided to follow this car in front of us (hoping they had a GPS) to get around the accident. 1/2 hour later, a car sick momma, we ended up about 1/2 mile where we originally turned to take a shortcut.. Oh man.
No comments:
Post a Comment