
This is my second Mother's day without my mom. I didn't get to call and say those words that every Mother hears on her special day. She is the first thing I thought of today when I woke up and will be the last thing I will think of when I go to bed. I longed to hear her voice today, but couldn't get myself to watch a home video of her. I was a little bummed this morning, but my day progressively got better. We ended up having a low key day and went for a walk at a local park and then out for ice cream. We then headed over to Kroger to pick up some flowers for the yard.
At school, Andrew made a painting of all different types of flowers. It is already framed and on the wall. It really is something I would purchase in the store. I absolutely love it.
Owen's teachers helped him with a Terra cot ta pinch pot equipped with a marigold. Those teachers and their marigolds :). I remember every Mother's day present I gave to my mom from school involved a marigold.
Elliott gave me lots of smiles today. He isn't quite old enough to make a watercolor picture or a pinch pot. I do expect some kind of material gift from him next year though.
2 comments:
I know what you mean Judy. :(
I love your pictures. Your a GREAT MoM.
love Monica
I'm sure it's hard to miss your mom so much on significant days like this one.
Post a Comment