Thursday, May 21, 2009

Home Tour From Kelly's Korner

A few days ago I was interested in seeing your gardens. Hmmm. Not a good response other than my friend Heidi who has a rockin garden and was a super participator. Thanks for sharing Heidi! Another friend of mine told me that there was a blog that was doing something very similar but on a much larger scale. She thought I may enjoy being in on the fun. Soooo, I am abandoning my mission to see your stuff and hopping on board hers.


Kelly's Korner tours are on Friday's. This week, we are touring dining rooms. Here is mine.

We have a table (that use to be white and light oak until I got my grubby hands on it), 6 Target chairs, a bunch of fake forsythia (that needs to be replaced with daisies eventually, hey I have 3 kids, give me a break. At least my Christmas arrangements aren't still out). In the back two corners, I have 2 sitting chairs that were garage sale finds for $3.00 each. They were pretty nasty looking (my husband could not see the true beauty underneath these chairs) until I found some material and recovered them. My motto will always be, "What is someone Else's garbage, IS MY TREASURE!"
Here is something I put together after looking through a Pottery Barn Magazine years ago. I couldn't get myself to pay $45 per "floating vase".

I went to our local craft store and purchased 2 rectangular vases for about $3 each. I then went over to the hardware store and purchased "L" brackets (about $1.49 for 4) to hold the bottom of the vase like little shelves. At the top is a clear mirror holder that keeps everything nice and snug.

That's all folks. Next Friday she will be touring children's rooms or nurseries.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love your dining room and the floating vases are great, something I think I might try. Thanks for the tour!