After scrambling and many calls later, Elliott found a home for the day. Our good friend Scott was sooo willing to take the booger. Scott is a stay at home daddy/student/LIFESAVER. Owen would have never let me forget it if I couldn't go to the zoo with him.
Zoe and Elliott on a date...
We had a great day at the zoo. I am tired, but we had a super day. Here are some pics of the trip.
Owen was very happy that I was able to make it, brother free. I am absolutely in love with his teacher. I will miss her when Owen "graduates" Kindergarten. Speaking of graduation, I went into the school and photographed the kids "Graduation Picture". Here is Owen's picture. So cute. He told me before I started that he wasn't going to smile. I think he cringes when I show up to school with my camera in hand. Andrew on the other hand....loves every minute of it. Owen will just have to suck it up, cause this mama isn't going to stop.
I really enjoy being around the parents in Owen's class. The more I hang out with people lately (not just them, but everyone I have contact with), the more I am reminded that we are all made very special. Yes, we are all very different and may not agree on everything. We have different parenting styles. We have different religious views, (if any religious views at all). We have different talents and different things to give to our world and we all have something special to give to one each other. I have learned the greatest things from the people who are the most different from me this year. Seriously. I love the community (referring to our public school) where my kids are exposed to many differences and are able to see that people are special and they are created and put on this earth for many unique reasons. (oh, by the way...I am not saying Public schools are the only way to go, but for OUR family, we have decided that this is OUR way to go). So please don't leave me unkind comments if your kids are in a different type of schooling (private or homeschooled). I am not judging your decision and I know that there are MANY ways that our kids can be exposed to the differences in people, however, since my children spend most of their day in school, this is where they have the most exposure to people different than they are. I have seen all 3 work out perfectly and I have seen all 3 fail miserably (including public schools). Public school education is just our preference for our family. :)
Anywyay, all in all, we enjoy walking out the journey with people different than we are. Plain and simple.
I better go before I get tangled in a web.
3 comments:
a graduate??! wow. owen i remember as a wee little baby... his picture is for sure cute.
g-o public schools :o)
& a baby free day at the zoo; sounds like it was a lot of fun!
grrr...aarrrggh....snide comments.....grumble grumble
i'm trying to churn up some educational angst for you.
having participated in two of the three options, and shooting for the third in the fall...it feels really good to CHILL OUT about it all =) i'm with you, there!
I agree, you just have to do what's best for you and your family. I currently enjoy homeschooling but have a good support system around me. And I have a great group of friends who help me see outside the box sometimes. Relationships are so important in this short life!
Post a Comment