Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday Bash Rained out, almost.

Note: I am not sure why my pictures do not line up with captions. I have been trying to figure it out, but am giving up.


Yesterday we had our munchkin's 1st birthday celebration. We have had awesome weather all week, until yesterday. All day, the weather radar said that we were going to get some scattered showers starting at 4:00...the starting time of the party. In the morning, we really were not sure what direction to take. Cancel the party? Make it a family party? Have everyone (40 people) over and say heck with it...play in the rain? Well, we decided to "un-invite" people. !gasp! This is what it felt like at least. There was just not room for friends and their families to join us. We wanted everyone, but our house physically cannot hold 40 people. Thank you friends for understanding. We felt horrible doing this. We really had no choice to downsize the party to a family gathering. I did not even think of having a backup plan. It was cozy and we had fun, but I am sure people were happy to get out of our crazy house at 7:00. I know I would have been if I were in their shoes. Besides being too close for comfort at times, I was a bit bummed I couldn't do the activities I had planned...including video recording 15 seconds of each person doing their special robot dance, which later was going to be all put together for a video.

Early yesterday morning, I knew Elliott was coming down with something. Any momma and daddy knows when their kids are getting sick. For me, I notice it in the eyes. His were droopy and puffy. As the day progressed, he started showing more physical signs of not feeling well, including being a very grumpy birthday boy. Hey, it's his party and he can CRY IF HE WANTS TO...right? Here is the droopy eyed birthday boy..

One of the activities we managed to do was making Robots out of baby formula cans.

I had a winning category for every child (best use of pipe cleaners, craziest, Most hungry looking), because I don't like competition with fun stuff like this. I personally am not a big fan of competition in general, especially when it comes to competing with family members over something like best robot heads. It is funny, because a few of the kids really needed to know which one was the VERY best. Sorry guys, everyone's robot was special in their own way!

My friend Cindy made her cookies again. Loved, loved, loved them. I am always amazed at her work. She does a fabulous job. Thanks Cindy!

Elliott not wanting anything to do with the cake...wanting everything to do with watching his brother and cousin play tetherball...



He did not like touching the cake,so the solution was to eat it this way...


Not really knowing what to do with this (it was ok, there were plenty of kids opening the presents for him).

No comments: