We are finding our kids niches. Andrew doesn't really like physical team sports. He is more of a single sport kind of guy. He enjoyed baseball and REALLY loves Skateboarding. He learns so much at skateboarding lessons/instruction. Aaron takes him on Saturday mornings because this momma would have a heart attack if I watched him. I found out that he can now launch off the ramps from the top and go to the other side and land on the platform (I don't know skateboard talk, so I am explaining this to the best of my ability). He was jumping curbs the other day. yikes.
Andrew's most recent picture...

Andrew has also shown an interest in Guitar. This year was his big year for a birthday party. In the beginning of the year, he wanted us to rent out the skating rink for his party. That usually is their gift from us...their big party. Since then, he has decided that he no longer wants a party and wants us to put the money that we would have spent on the party toward a guitar, amp and lessons. Hey, not a bad idea. So, we went looking for guitars the other day. Ummm. We know absolutely nothing about guitars, so it kind of is a challenge for us.
In Owen's world, he loves physical contact sports. The more contact, the better. He is currently playing soccer and LOVES it. He scored 5 goals the other day at his first game. This usually happens to Owen on his first game. The goals usually level out as the season progresses.

His age group went to big goals which means a little goalie with alot of room on each side of him. Owen was pretty stoked about this change, but doesn't want to be goalie. hmmm. Interesting. After his first goal, Andrew heard him say "piece of cake". Owen denies that he said it. I really love watching them play. The main group of kids have played since they were 4 years old. Owen joined the team when he turned 5. I do have to say, that the kid does have a natural ability for sports. He always has. Owen is also enrolled in BREAK DANCING class! Yes, you heard that right. He is very excited about it. I cant wait to see a head spin. Videos to come soon!
Owen's most recent picture...

Elliott is the most curious baby I have had thus far (this is by no means an indication that we are having more). He is spicy with an extra dash of pepper flakes. He is everywhere, always exploring and getting into things. He also has a little of his Grandpa McCullough's Irish temper. He isn't enrolled in Break dancing class yet, but give us time. He is getting his molars in and we have had some interesting nights lately. His first birthday is tomorrow. I am sure I will post some sappy post about him. I am busy organizing his Robot Birthday party, but trying not to be excessive, trying. I found a new blog that I kind of excited about. This lady and I could get dangerous together. Visit her blog...Her ideas are fabulous and I plan to hijack a few of them for Elliott's party. I did contact a church in our area that did the theme "gadgets and gears" vacation bible school. My kids went there and I remembered they had a 6 foot ROBOT for a decoration. Well, I contacted a friend that goes there and MR. ROBOT WILL BE AT THE PARTY! Yippeee. He will be overseeing the food table. That is about excessive as I will get with his party. Promise. Aaron is excited because I am letting him smoke 25 pounds of Pulled pork. Call me crazy, but this is a celebration right??
Elliott's most recent picture, just today.
Oh, we are playing a video at the birthday party. It will be playing on our computer screen and people can stop and watch if they want. I am in need of 1 more song. My friend Jenny introduced me to Renee and Jeremy and I am using 2 songs of theirs. I need another song...similar style. Any thoughts?
2 comments:
What a great post! I love the pics! Just a bug in your ear...Mari plays the guitar and has an acoustic and electric guitar and amp....in case he might want some beginner lessons...Mari's acoustic is more his size, and she can handle beginners lessons!
re: music have you heard elizabeth mitchell?
Post a Comment