Monday, December 21, 2009

Just stuff...

Lately, I have nothing important to say in my blog posts. Nothing deep, nothing meaningful, nothing of much substance. I am ok with that. Mostly journaling about my kids and life. I love my family and all of our weirdness!
This is what I did today...
Made pretzels and Caramel apples. I ate more than what I needed to.



Thank you to my friend Carol for this nice toy for Elliott. Sometimes I forget that babies actually like toys to play with once in a while. I keep the SAME toys in a bin in the living room. Most of the time, he is content playing with aluminum foil balls or watching the boys play guitar hero.

Granola is getting more hair and his personality is shining though. He nips at our ankles when he wants attention. We have rolled up papers in every room of the house now so when he starts to nip, he gets a tender loving swat on the nose. Mean owners.

And our latest saga...Gerbils again. This the first batch that momma gerbil has taken care of. She has had 5 litters (or whatever you call them) and has eaten all of them. Hard to explain to a 7 and 9 year old. Here they are. There will be no more gerbil babies in this household. Our cat Pharaoh took care of that last week when he sat at the top of the steps with Germy the gerbil in his mouth. I am not kidding here. I know it sounds like some kind of soap opera, but this is all true.
Here is a cute picture of momma gerbil "Missy" guarding her babies...



And finally, it is winter break for the boys. Time for extended time with friends from school...Notice Granola dead center between all of the action!

3 comments:

CarolN said...

Hey, glad Elliot likes his toy. Jude does not stop playing with his Leap Pad all day long. The Batman! Peter Parker! Superman!

Gerbicks said...

so...those caramel apples. i guess we're not your friends anymore?! *gasp?!*

elliott has a pretty good life with his older brothers. (& granola, too)

Hidden Places said...

Your apples and pretzels look divine -- I need a short tutorial on how to get the pretzels dipped properly. (When you have time...)