Saturday, July 12, 2008

Highlights of our week...

SO, earlier on in the week my dad and brother came to visit. We had a nice, relaxing time. We ate out, ordered in, went thrifting, ate some Krispy Kreme, played some Rock Band, (they) pulled out a Holly Shrub in the front yard, and grandpa got lots of snuggles from the boys and the girl kitty cat. Here are some pictures of the couple of days we spent with them.
My dad and Brother at Quaker Steak and Lube A familiar picture...the boys snuggling with Papa .
They try to be rockers.

Also, here are some other exciting happenings fom the week..

I finally found a smaller stud for my nose piercing. I have gone without one for about a year. I know this isn't big news to you, but I found one and it made me happy.

I went to some garage sales this past Friday. Andrew bought a bike with his own money. He was very proud! It was a great learning lesson about saving money instead of spending it as soon as you get it. I think he now realizes that if you save, you can buy bigger things. I think it finally sunk into his head. Our car was COMPLETELY packed and the boys were scrunched in the backseat. We also found a Foosball table for 5 buckaroos. Awesome deals.

*I found quite a few things for the baby too. The find of the day is definitely the stroller and car seat system I found. I purchased it for $25.00. The stroller is shown here. It did come with a carseat too.


The kitty likes it too...


*We bought a basketball hoop from Craigslist. Evan's dad picked it up for us...this is how he pulled up in our driveway. Silly Mr. Slifer.

*I had my maternity shots done. I guess I am one of those photographers that likes my customers to be who they REALLY are in their photos. It was definitely hard to be on the opposite side of the camera. I didn't disclose that I was a photographer until I was becoming unhappy with what I was getting. The photographer taking my pictures didn't want me to smile (HELLO...I AM HAPPY THAT I AM PREGNANT! LET ME SMILE! THAT IS WHO I AM!). So, in the majority of the shots, I have this depressed look on my face. Oh well, I had a couple that I liked. I plan to have Aaron do a re shoot of me being HAPPY in my pictures. You can find one of the images here.
I don't mind this facial expression.

and here...
My favorite. You can't see my face.

and here...
I am not quite sure what I am supposed to be thinking here... Any ideas?

*I am having a get together for Heidi's birthday today (Sunday). I love parties and she deserves to sit back and relax. I am in pretty good standings with the butcher at Giant Eagle. I have learned to become friends with the butchers in the grocery stores. I learned this from my Mom. I was able to get free range, grain fed filet for $5.99 a pound! So, our friends will have a special treat today.

*I am starting to prepare for Owen's Birthday party. He wants a Spongebob party. Go figure. It actually will be a fun party to put together. I am pretty excited because I am finding some really cute accessories and fun ideas. I am finishing the invitations tomorrow. I will post a picture when I am finished. Here is the official Message in the bottle invitation...For those of you who are not familiar with Spongebob, he lives in a pineapple under the sea...that is why the invitation is "sea themed".


Ok, enough about our week in a nutshell. I haven't had time to blog this week, so I needed to play Catch up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please Remove rock star

Anonymous said...

Please don't remove Darryl the Dork! haha