Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hurdles.

It has only been 2 weeks since my boys have been out of school, and they are already searching for things to do. Today, I think I heard "mom" about 2,000 times. Any other day, it would have been semi-fine, but Aaron and I are still battling this stomach thing and Elliott is requiring more attention than ever. He has a double ear infection, thick snot, and attachment anxiety going on. This makes it for a fun day (week) at our home. Tonight, I was so happy to see that Andrew created hurdles in the front yard. The first set of hurdles consisted of EVERYTHING being taken out of our garage and scattered all over. Can you just picture it? I swear it looked like we were having a tag sale. I rushed out when I saw that they were putting the stroller out and jumping over their bikes. I am happy that they are using their imagination, however, please don't scatter everything all over the yard. I gave them 2 plant stakes and their pool noodles to use. I knew how I would figure this out, but wanted to see if they could figure it out. Well, Andrew did. YEAH! So after he figured it out, he got bored of it real fast. Owen on the other hand loved it. He not only did the jumps but LAPPED the entire house 102 times then jumped them, did 80 push ups and 25 sit ups. No joke people. He was exhausted, but said he wanted to be strong for soccer season in the fall. Here is their attempt at the high jump using noodles and stakes.

Owen never lowered the "bar" but kept going until he could finally jump it.

No comments: