Thursday, June 4, 2009

why, just why?

so...guess what? Our home computer crashed this morning. I am blogging off of the laptop. This time the (drum roll in the background) HARD DRIVE. What is it with us and hard drives? Aaron took it to best buy and the stupid thing couldnt be recognized on their system. Same story as they gave the last time..."We'll send it in for you, but it could cost up to $1800 dollars. (last time they told us $1200.). I had another hard cry this morning. If you may remember, our external crashed a few months back. Now, for real...everything is gone. It did remind me that the other hard drive that a friend looked at is still there and I need to get over there to pick it up. ugh. That is actually the hard drive I am interested in investing to retrieve information off of, but I still have a ton of things on this other one...including appointments that need editing. I am just sick. So does this mean I turn to a Mac now? What is your experience from going to a pc to a mac?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, Judy, that is awful. :( We still have a pc but my dad just switched from a pc to mac. I'll see if he has any opinions to share.

Anonymous said...

we switched from pc to mac a few years ago and have never been happier! we just backed up everything beforehand

Rebekah Hubley said...

Once you "Go MAC", you never go back!!! I have always been a MAC girl from my college days.... We have had my Professional Mac for 2-3 years now, and I have not had one problem. they really aren't that much more expensive...