Thursday, August 13, 2009

The fruits of our labor

So, we have a few tomato plants growing around here. Here is what I got this morning....

Ok, ok. I didn't pick them off MY tomato plants, but my good friend Anne brought these over to me from her garden. She bragged to me that "They have cherry tomatoes up to their ears". Humph. Well, here is my sad looking tomato plant and the teeny little grape tomatoes that are produced. I think I get one every few days.

Thank you Anne for my supply of lipozene.

So why can't I grow anything but flowers? I mean, come on. Is it the scent of my hands? I sing to the darn things everyday like all of the gardening freaks told me to do. I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Gerbicks said...

well, if you want large ripe tomatoes, come our way.
sorry about the plant...is this the one we gave you? egads. i dunno, ours is doing good. BUT your flowers look better than mine. so there.
WEIRD. your hubby just called & is coming over to our place AS I WAS TYPING THIS TO YOU. weird.

Anonymous said...

Judy,
It could be the size of your pot. Tomatoes need lots of root room. A friend of mine, who is an avid gardener, said to plant them in a large rubbermaid bin.
Maybe that is why?
Kim

Judy said...

I am sure that is what it is.