Monday, August 24, 2009

School is almost in session...


It is a good indication that all of us are ready for school when...

Mom starts packing lunches 2 days before school starts. What do you think??

We are ready for our structured days to arrive. I will spare you of the "going back to school dance" that I did last year. It seems like we have run out of things to do and are just ready to get back in the groove of things. Today, we went to the school to turn in my application for Parent Consultant (yeah...paid position and I get to talk to adults for 10 hours a week).

It was nice to see the school and to see some familiar faces. The boys looked in their old classrooms with a bit of sadness, then they ran into their new teachers which put a smile on their faces. The best part of our little visit was our CAFETERIA! Holy Smokes Columbus City schools! The changes you are making in regards to the food selection is AMAZING. The Cafeteria was decorated so nicely, there is a salad bar with unlimited access to fruits and veggies, and 4 entrees to choose from DAILY! This is good news and the kids are very excited for the new changes involving their cafeteria. I am very excited as a momma to see this change.
I usually have my kids pack their lunches, however, if I am having one of "those" mornings, I won't hesitate to send them with money to purchase a lunch.

I better get started on dinner. Tortellini is on the menu.

No comments: