Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fondue with Friends...











Tonight, we had some of our good friends over (actually our only friends...just kidding). We enjoyed an oil fondue with chicken, sirloin, mushrooms, shrimp and scallops. Instead of making our own dipping sauces, I went to TGI Fridays and asked them if we can purchase some of their sauces they use in their dishes. THEY WERE AWESOME!
In addition, we had a cheese fondue that we created on the spot. The original recipe called for these crazy priced cheeses. Being the tight wad that I am, I decided to settle for plain monetary, cheddar and spruce it up with Swiss emmetheral (spelled wrong I am sure). It was so yummy and creamy.
My friends Kristi and Heidi supplied us with he chocolate fondue. YUMMY YUMMY. I swear, I could have put it in a cup and drank the chocolate as I would drink water.
It was a grand time.

No comments: