Saturday, May 3, 2008

Home improvement projects

MUST READ THE COMMENTS! The king who is just a figure head has spoken.






Well, Aaron and I had yet another spat over a home repair. Most couples fight over money, spare time, and kids. The Crawford's...well, we spat over home improvements and repairs. Most of the time, it is about the best way to conquer these tasks. Allow me to rewind about 3 years to the bathroom sink. First of all, plumbing repairs are the least favorite of mine. I like fixing toilets (yes, sounds weird) but loathe piping and leaks. For those of you who don't know, I am the one who usually fixes things around the house. I love to do it and usually do not complain about it unless I have an extra opinion. Anyway, 3 years ago I attempted to repair the trap under the sink. The size of piping I needed Lowe's no longer sold due to the fact that the existing pipe was older and not put on correctly. After about 5 hours of running around trying to find something that would work...I found a different way to conquer it. It was not your typical part, but because the previous owners decided to saw off the original pipe, I had no choice to do it the way it should have been done. I vowed to myself that I would never try plumbing repairs again.
Well...lets fast forward to last night. Aaron went downstairs and noticed water leaking on our laundry table in the basement. The pipe to the sink was disconnected due to the plumber who installed our garbage disposal. He didnt seal the pipe and it slides up and down. In retrospect, he should have used a different part in the begin with. The smallest of "bump" can cause a leak. Anyway, it isnt a big deal usually, so it is one of those repairs that you kind of forget about until it is bumped. After cleaning the nasty smelling water, I told Aaron that we need to get some plumbing glue and seal that piece to prevent it from bumping. He suggested that we go to Lowes and see if we can get the correct piece that would be an interlocking piece. I am trying to avoid what happened 3 years ago and NOT touch any pipes. If we sealed it, it would not be on the main piping but on a middle piece. So if we ever had to replace it for some reason, we wouldn't have to saw anything off. What is your opinion? Should we use plumbing glue (that we already have) and avoid the sawing and measuring of pipes, or should we go to Lowes and find an interlocking piece? NOTE: If we decide the later option...this momma is not touching this repair.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say to get yourself a new kunuten valve and hook it up to the raymus stogove,or just wait till i come down and give you my profesonal openion.

Anonymous said...

There was once a polish queen who was a very independent queen, she was smart, beautiful, genrous, and if I might say a pretty sexy mama....but like all queens she had one flaw.....she was stubborn.

One day something in the palace broke. The queen and king (who was really just a figure head with no real power) called all the people together to figure out what they must do to fix the broken problem....the king brought forth wise men and inquired of them about the proper and standard way to fix things. There was a good discussion about all of the possible ways.

The king and wisemen then brought their opinions to the queen. The queen interupted the wise men before they were done...the queen being independent had her mind made up and would not listen...
All the king wanted was to have a converstaion and propose #1 and if that did not work then do the queens idea...the queen would not listen...perhaps the queens independence is a strenth but perhaps at other times it is a bit of weakness....

Frustrated the with the lack of disucssion with the queen..the king said please queen who i love with my whole heart...don't be so independent...the queen did not like this the queen called for the kings head the king pleaded with the queen..."queen just listen"...but the queen sent the king off to the dungeon to rot for what seemed like a very long time...

Wheer does the story end...well it is not yet sure..perhaps the queen is still defending here actions in a notice to all the kingdom...perhaps she has let the king out so that they both can say they were a bit harsh and then make out.....

A king withoug a kingdom....

Judy said...

First, get your own Blog..my blog is titled "Judy's Thoughts". Second, if I remember correctly, the king did not say "don't be so independent" in a loving manner...the king said in these exact words "Someones being a little Bitchy arent they".

So, how was that dungeon my magesty?

Anonymous said...

The king and queen will get over this, that is my profesonal opinion. (this time i spelt it right)

Anonymous said...

This is another opinion,the king will be paying for this a long long time.

Judy said...

The king treated the queen to a grand lunch because he knew the Polish queen was right.

Oh, when the King leaves the palace, the queen will do it her way regardless of the King's opinion.

Gerbicks said...

wow, crawfords! in my opinion, aaron needs spell check & judy needs plumber's butt crack pants b/c she's so handy! independent women are commonly mistaken as 'bitches' & that shouldn't be a bad thing. however, i understand the king's side a bit as the 'king of my house' often tries to fix things that he should not attempt to fix. no, i won't get my own blog to discuss this problem....

Anonymous said...

WOW!! THIS WAS GOOD......
HAHAHAAH
SORRY, I THINK THIS WAS FUNNY. I'M SURE IT WASN'T THEN, BUT WOW... I LOVED IT!
LOVE,SIS